As a Midwife Ira has been delivering services to Canberra's (Australian Capital Territory, Australia) women and their families since 2001. To-day, together with a clinical practice, she shares her wit and inspirations offering safe and powerful Aquanatal exercise to Canberra expecting women and postpartum Mums.
Research revealed that exercising 150 minutes per week brings the most significant health benefits to both, Mum and Bub. Also it is proven in medical trials that regular exercise in pregnancy reduces the risk of caesarean section and instrumental delivery. Exercising in the pool is not everyone's preference but if you love to feel weightless and be soothed by warm (32 degrees temperature) water, you can take Aquanatal program classes at Belconnen and do other exercise as well. In the future we aim to offer classes in Greenway-Tuggeranong and Gungahlin.
As a Remedial Massage Therapist, Ira has been working since 2009.
Benefits of doing Aquanatal Program with Midwife:
- joyful social musical environment
- you might make long lasting friends
- everyone, incl.dads, chat in water doing brain-storming and discussions
- we laugh a lot
- you have access to a self-paced learning to fortify your understanding of topic of the week
- we learn easy to use strategies to prevent pregnancy, birth and baby's complications
- you have to be proactive to implement those strategies to achieve optimal Well Pregnancy, Better Birth and Healthy Bub
- you build stronger core, pelvic floor, tone your heart and body, boost your mood and "exercise" your baby
- it is recommended to prepare your body before conception as pregnancy challenges skeletal, ligamental, fascial and muscular integrity but you can have REMEDIAL THERAPY SUPPORT via BUNDLES
(see how to save with payment options)
Spring Program classes start September 22
To REGISTER download
registration and clearance forms below, fill them in and send them back via email.
Exercising in water during pregnancy has been researched and revealed an amazing benefits for women. Please, check out our primary site www.aquanatal.com.au and Facebook page @iramayaquanatalcanberra for an updated list of extensive benefits and references. Water adds protective and supportive environment in that way that even heavily pregnant women can exercise safely "till labour sets in". Women - water exercisers - resort to less pain relieve in labour. That can reduce the chance of complications. Water dissolves stress and recharges body and mind in unique way that only water can do. Being exposed to exercise all over the year, especially in winter, helps to create
stronger non-specific immunity to resist seasonal colds.
Dancing in water and laughing along with other women, sharing stories and a bite-to-eat, being guided by practicing Midwife-instructor will immensely support your beautiful Self and your forming Little One.